Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Week 9, exercise 23.
Finally!
First- the good stuff. I learned a lot! Some of it was really fun, and some really useful. I think it's very important for librarians expecially to know how to do some of the exercises, or at least learn about the topics. I can now talk about things I knew nothing about before.
Second- the not so good stuff.
I am not a computer whiz, and found it difficult to do a lot of the exercises. We never got speakers for the computer at my branch, and that made it impossible to do many of the exercises at work. Our computer at home is not Microsoft, and that made things very time-consuming and difficult. It's taken me much over 23 hours to do the program, which means most of it was done on my own time. Because I wasn't doing it on the job, I lost out on opportunities to work on it with my co-workers. Because I'm part-time, I did not find out about the help sessions in time to rearrange my schedule in order to attend them.
I don't feel I've had time to really thoroughly integrate what I've studied into what I know.
I'd love to keep learning about all this, and would enjoy the opportunity to continue through the library. However, I believe the problems I've brought up really need to be addressed in order to make this a "fun" experience.

1 comment:

Virtual Services Team said...

Don't forget about #17. This exercise involves adding an entry to the learning 2.0 sandbox wiki.